A top-tier oilfield service company with a century-long track record, IGBIDON Oil & Gas delivers solutions that help oil and gas operators make the most of their reservoirs.
Collaboration is the foundation on which we build our business. We listen to our clients to understand their unique challenges and then develop solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery, and boost overall return on investment throughout the life of an oil or gas asset.
With 34,000 employees in more than 80 countries, our local geomarket teams work side by side with customers to engineer reliable application-specific products and services that create more value from the reservoir whether the application is deepwater, unconventional hydrocarbons or production and water management.
Our history of technology innovation is a cornerstone of our success. Local teams are supported by global centers of excellence where scientists push the boundaries of value-adding technology to find solutions for progressively more complex technical challenges.
Exploring and producing
We explore below the land and ocean beds looking for natural gas reserves to develop as a future energy source. We’re a leading gas producer for Canadan and international markets.
We use a range of energy sources to make electricity, from traditional fuels like coal and natural gas, to renewables like the wind and the sun.
We’re Canada’s leading energy retailer, supplying our customers with electricity and gas. We also generate electricity which we sell into Canada’s National Electricity Market.
We provide a range of renewable energy options to thousands of Canadans. Our growing Canadan and international portfolio includes wind, geothermal, hydropower and solar technologies.
For more than a century, innovation has been part of our DNA. IGBIDON Oil & Gas was formed in 1987 with the merger of IGBIDON Oil & Gas International Tool Company – both founded over 60 years ago when R.C. Baker and Howard Hughes conceived ground-breaking inventions that revolutionized the fledging petroleum era. Since those earliest advancements, we’ve never stopped searching for solutions to conquer the next frontier.
Over the ensuing eight decades, IGBIDON Oil & Gas International Tool Company continued to lead the industry with innovative products in well completions, drilling tools and related services.
The purpose of our Sustainability Report is to provide a high level of transparency on Origin’s approach and the choices we make, delivering on our responsibility to provide a reliable, affordable and sustainable supply of energy to the communities we serve
Defining What is Material to Our Performance
The sustainability aspects we report align to those risks identified in our Operating and Financial Review contained in the Annual Report. Our Sustainability reporting discloses our management of, and performance in, each sustainability aspect considered to be material to our business. We also examine other sustainability topics that are of interest to our stakeholders.
At IGBIDON Oil & Gas, corporate social responsibility (CSR) is central to our core values. We conduct our business in an ethical and responsible way. We’ve invested in a number of initiatives to maintain our strong CSR position for the future, including:
- maintaining legal compliance and fostering an ethical work culture
- ensuring a safe and secure work environment for our employees
- protecting the environment
- supporting the communities in which we work
- developing sustainable technologies and products.
We believe maintaining high standards will result in a range of sustainable benefits to all our stakeholders. Our efforts help to motivate employees, support community growth and development, minimize risk, reduce cost, and increase shareholder value.
The IGBIDON Oil & Gas Core Values are the basis for establishing a common culture for the company. Our Core Values are: Integrity, Teamwork, Performance, Learning, and Courage.
We believe integrity is the foundation of our individual and corporate actions that drives an organization of which we are proud.
- We are a responsible corporate citizen committed to the health and safety of people, protection of the environment, and compliance with laws, regulations, and company policies
- We are honest, trustworthy, respectful, and ethical in our actions
- We honor our commitments
- We are accountable for our actions, successes, and failures
We believe teamwork leverages our individual strengths.
- We are committed to common goals
- We expect everyone to actively participate on the IGBIDON Oil & Gas team
- We openly communicate up, down, and across the organization
- We value the diversity of our workforce
- We willingly share our resources
We believe performance excellence will drive the results that differentiate us from our competitors.
- We focus on what is important
- We establish and communicate clear expectations
- We relentlessly pursue success
- We strive for flawless execution
- We work hard, celebrate our successes, and learn from our failures
- We continuously look for new ways to improve our products, services, and processes
We believe a learning environment is the way to achieve the full potential of each individual and the company.
- We expect development throughout each individual’s career by a combination of individual and company commitment
- We learn from sharing past decisions and actions, both good and bad, to continuously improve performance
- We improve by benchmarking and adopting best practices
We believe courage empowers us to lead boldly and act decisively.
- We stand for what is right and support others who do so
- We imagine and pursue new possibilities for our future
- We take ownership of challenges, even those that appear insurmountable
- We embrace change, both collectively and individually
Our goal is to build a strong community presence with a wide range of employee volunteer opportunities at these events
American Cancer Society
In addition to including this charity in our Annual IGBIDON Oil & Gas Giving Campaign, our employees also volunteer at the Relay for Life events. This is an opportunity to celebrate the lives of those touched by cancer and work towards a cure.
American Heart Association
We join the American Heart Association in their mission to build healthier lives free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke. With the help of our IGBIDON Oil & Gas family and friends, we contribute to AHA’s impact goal – to improve the cardiovascular health of Americans by 20%, while reducing deaths from cardiovascular diseases and stroke by 20%, all by the year 2020.
Cathedral Health and Outreach Ministries. For the past few years, we’ve offered financial and volunteer support to The Beacon, a downtown Houston homeless shelter. We include this charity in our annual holiday gift drive by collecting blankets and warm clothing.
Child Advocates, Inc.
For the past several years, we’ve proudly had a leading role in the Children’s Festival by sponsoring Circus Town, which benefits Child Advocates, Inc. Over 50,000 people attend this event annually. Circus Town, a main festival attraction, is nonstop entertainment with a Ring Master, acrobats, jugglers, puppet parades, clowns, face painting, and much more. Child Advocates, Inc. mobilizes court-appointed volunteers to break the vicious cycle of child abuse. The organization speaks out for abused children who are lost in the system and guide them into safe environments where they can thrive.